With their Top 20 charting album Mesmeranto, and Chrissy Mostyn recently voted in the Top 10 world female vocalists, the UK’s inspirational award-winning electronic folk pioneers The Blackheart Orchestra take their music to a new, unexplored dimension. Described as “A mesmerizing powerhouse” “A life-enhancing listening event” “An avant-garde musical utopia” and “One of the most extraordinary voices singing anywhere today” vocalist Chrissy Mostyn and multi-instrumentalist Rick Pilkington combine classical influences with vintage synthesisers and ultra contemporary electronica to create music that takes over the senses.
As emotionally charged as it is musically accomplished, expect sublime harmonies, virtuoso guitar, piano and synthesiser playing and songwriting and arrangements that take the audience ”from heartbreaking to uplifting in a single song”.
With awards including Best British Duo, a Limelight Progressive Music Award Nomination and being voted in the UK’s Top 4 Best New Bands, plus performances at the London Palladium and Royal Albert Hall, The Blackheart Orchestra are two voices and thirteen instruments that create a unique musical experience that is truly ground-breaking.
- No.18 Official UK Rock Album Chart October 2019
- No.16 Official UK Independent Album Chart October 2019
- No.23 Official UK Progressive Album Chart October 2019
- Voted No.4 Top 10 Albums of 2019 Big Takeover Magazine USA
- Voted twice in Rock Writers’ Top 20 Albums of 2019
- Chrissy Mostyn Voted No.8 Best Female Vocalist
- PROG Magazine Readers Poll January 2020
- Nominated for The Limelight Award
- 2018 Progressive Music Awards
- Winner ‘Best British Duo’ Exposure Music Awards
- Voted No.4 Best New Band of 2018
- PROG Magazine Readers’ Poll
- “Ethereal” Daily Express
- “A great band” BBC Radio 2
- “Verges closer to an art installation than an album” Big Takeover Magazine USA
- “So stunning and beautiful that it reaches areas of your head and heart that you never knew existed” Metal Planet